Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The last two, I promise.

Record Keeping
For the record,
you are the most beautiful
person I've ever seen.
Even your darkness has beauty.
And your light...
so bright it shines
'til blinding.
But, really,
is there anything else to see?

For the record
I saw the evil you tried to hide,
and it was beautiful, too.
So, think about it, long and hard.
How many people
bother to look.
And, really,
love all there is to see?

Keep it
You hang on to it
because I don't want it
kindness and giving bring no profit
caring for others offers no return.
So you keep it
the best of me
at no cost to you
completely free
but don't expect to earn any gain
it's obviously worthless
never brought me anything.

According to you
that's completely my fault
operator error. Maybe.
It's probably true.
The manual confused
and the times I've tried equal three.
Third time's the charm,
and I've figured it out.
I'm only good at one thing.
That one thing won't last, so
everything else, do without.

All right. Done now. Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment